Virtual Program: Tea & Talks
The Maritime Museum of BC is going virtual with many of our public programs! For our Tea & Talks, museum volunteers, archival staff, and educators present unique artifacts from our collection, surrounded by discussions of maritime history and other seaworthy topics – all over a cup of tea and refreshments. With our virtual shift, we're still providing the talk, but the tea and refreshments will be from the comfort of your own home
Join us for a program LIVE using Zoom Meetings, where they have the chance to interact with our museum educators. After purchasing a Live program, you will receive a link to register for the Zoom Meeting.
Live Tea & Talks Schedule:
- (POSTPONED) Fast Boats From China: The gift of dragonboating and festivals to Vancouver Island and BC (with Adrian Lee)
- Thursday, July 16, 2020 - 2:30 PST
- Haida Warfare: Armor, Tools, and Implements (with Sean McLorie)
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 - 2:30 PST
- TOPIC TBA (with Tiffany Storry)
- Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 2:30 PST
- Telling Tales: A history of sea stories and how they can lead us into the future (with Emma de Blois)
- Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 2:30 PST
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that most museum staff currently work from home, and are therefore mostly accessible by e-mail.
The Maritime Museum of BC does not want to cause additional financial hardship at this time to any who would like to participate in our programs and lack the ability to pay. Free attendance at these programs is available. please email us at email@example.com to request your free Virtual Program discount code.
Please note: Registration for LIVE programs must occur at least 2 hours before the scheduled program and provide an e-mail, or we can not guarantee that you will receive the link to participate. We will contact you before the program, and are available for Zoom troubleshooting aid up to 2 hours before the program start time.