Museum Visit AppointmentA $1 COVID Surcharge has been added to all price points. Each time slot allows for 4 visitors. To ensure we do not exceed our maximum capacity, you will need to book all four spaces in your time slot. Use the option "To Fill Empty Space" for any remaining spots. We can accommodate groups up to 8, to book your spot e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost:FREE-$11.00 per person
About this experience
The Maritime Museum of BC has extended hours over the Spring Break! See the booking calendar for availability.
We’re excited to welcome you to the museum! We have resumed operations and opened in a way that is informed by the advice of the public health authority and backed by science. Our staff has engaged in a thoughtful assessment of our space to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers, and guests.
Hours of Operation
Thursday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Note: We will be closed to the public on Thursday, March 11th for a Media Open House for our new exhibit!
Please enter the museum through the main doors on Humboldt Street (across from the Fairmont Empress Hotel and Miniature World). Weather permitting, we will have the doors propped open during regular hours to reduce touch points.
Some things to know:
· No more than 8 visitors, or two separate household groups, are permitted in the space at the same time.
· Please use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering this space. Another Hand Sanitizer Station is available halfway through the exhibit space.
· If you are not able to use hand sanitizer, we have gloves available.
· We ask that visitors follow the arrows on the floor and practice safe social distancing by staying 6’ or more apart from those who are not from the same household.
· All appointments must be kept to the one-hour period booked. We cannot start an appointment early, and any late appointments will still need to finish on time. Those who show up more than 30 minutes late risk forfeiting their appointment.
· Our washrooms are not open to the public at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience.
· If you feel ill or have been in recent contact with someone with COVID-19, we ask that you visit us another time.
If for any reason you need to cancel your booking, please provide 24 hours notice for a full refund. Should the museum need to cancel, full refunds be issued
The Maritime Museum of British Columbia—Western Canada’s oldest Maritime Museum—is dedicated to telling the story of the province’s rich maritime heritage.