Museum VisitAppointments are limited to 6 people per appointment. Groups larger than 6 individuals can e-mail email@example.com to book their visit. Appointments are not required to visit the Maritime Museum of BC!
Location:744 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC, Canada
Cost:FREE-$10.00 per person
About this experience
Please note that the museum is now located at 744 Douglas Street. You do not need an appointment to book a visit at the museum, walkins are welcome.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
To keep everyone safe, all visitors are requested to follow these protocols, which are in line with Work Safe BC and government regulations: As this is an indoor public recreational space, as of September 13th the provincial government has mandated that the Maritime Museum of BC will require proof of vaccination.
By September 13, you must be partially vaccinated.
You're partially vaccinated with 1 dose.
By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated.
You're fully vaccinated 7 days after dose 2.
We ask those unable to provide this information to visit us in 2022.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering this space. Another Hand Sanitizer Station is available halfway through the exhibit space. If you are not able to use hand sanitizer, we have gloves available.
- All visitors must be wearing a face mask. Please bring a face mask with you.
- We ask that visitors practice safe social distancing by staying 6’ or more apart from those who are not from the same household.
- We request everyone to keep their visits to a one-hour period.
- If you feel ill or have been in recent contact with someone with COVID-19, we ask that you visit us another time.
Our Gift Shop is also open to the public in-person and online for anyone who would like to browse.
If for any reason you need to cancel your booking, please provide 24 hours notice for a full refund. Should the museum need to cancel, full refunds be issued. Exceptional circumstances are considered on a case by case basis.
The Maritime Museum of British Columbia—Western Canada’s oldest Maritime Museum—is dedicated to telling the story of the province’s rich and diverse maritime heritage.