Museum VisitAppointments are limited to six people per appointment. Groups larger than 6 individuals can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to book their visit.
Location:744 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC, Canada
Cost:FREE-$10.00 per person
About this experience
Please note that the museum is closed during the month of August due to our relocation to a space at 744 Douglas Street.
We’re excited to welcome you to the museum! We have resumed operations and opened in a way that is informed by the advice of the public health authority and backed by science. Our staff has engaged in a thoughtful assessment of our space to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers, and guests.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Maritime Museum of BC now allows visitors to book an appointment to see the exhibits online. Appointments are not necessary, and walk-ins are still welcome.
To keep everyone safe, all visitors are requested to follow these protocols, which are in line with Work Safe BC and government regulations: As this is an indoor public recreational space, as of September 13th the provincial government has mandated that the Maritime Museum of BC will require proof of vaccination.
By September 13, you must be partially vaccinated.
You're partially vaccinated with 1 dose.
By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated.
You're fully vaccinated 7 days after dose 2.
We ask those unable to provide this information to visit us in 2022.
No more than 12 visitors, or three separate household groups, are permitted in the space at the same time.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering this space. Another Hand Sanitizer Station is available halfway through the exhibit space. If you are not able to use hand sanitizer, we have gloves available.
- All visitors must be wearing a face mask. Please bring a face mask with you.
- We ask that visitors practice safe social distancing by staying 6’ or more apart from those who are not from the same household.
- We request everyone to keep their visits to a one-hour period.
- If you feel ill or have been in recent contact with someone with COVID-19, we ask that you visit us another time.
Our Gift Shop is also open to the public in-person and online for anyone who would like to browse.
If for any reason you need to cancel your booking, please provide 24 hours notice for a full refund. Should the museum need to cancel, full refunds be issued.
The Maritime Museum of British Columbia—Western Canada’s oldest Maritime Museum—is dedicated to telling the story of the province’s rich and diverse maritime heritage.